|Prep Time||25-45 minutes|
|Cook Time||8-10 minutes|
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts or thighs cut into 1" cubes
- 1 lb bacon slices halved
- 1 large pineapple peels, cored, cut into 1" cubes
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients in large bowl until completely dissolved. Set aside half of marinade for cooking.
- Add cubed chicken to remaining marinade and mix to thoroughly combine. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels
- Wrap each piece of chicken with ½ slice of bacon.
- Thread bacon-wrapped chicken on skewers, alternating with pineapple cubes.
- Clean and oil the grilling grate.
- Grill skewers until bacon has browned and crisped and chicken has cooked through – about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In the last minute of cooking, brush each skewer with the remaining marinade all over.
- Remove to a platter, let rest for 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
Kebabs can be made with a variety of meats including sirloin, chicken, lamb and seafood. Not all cuts of meat are suited to being cubed and grilled over high heat. Choose meats that balance flavor and tenderness such as sirloin, thick-cut pork chops, chicken thighs, shrimp or hearty cuts of fish, like tuna or swordfish.
Cut meats into 1”-1.5” cubes or long strips that can be folded over on themselves when skewering to create even-sized chunks.
The marinade makes the magic!
Brought to you by