|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 fresh dough ball
- 1 large tomato cut into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 5-7 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 ounce grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 ounces part skim Mozzarella shredded
- 4-5 large basil leaves shredded
- Heat a gas grill to high and make sure the grill grates are clean and free of debris.
- Lightly flour the countertop and flatten the dough ball.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 16" round, rotating and stretching the dough as you go.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured pizza peel (if you have one) and stretch to re-shape if necessary. (YCNGA Trick – roll the dough out on a piece of floured aluminum foil. Once shaped, carry it to the grill and flip it onto the hot grates)
Prep and Cooking
- Slice then toss the tomato with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Brush the dough with 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil and flip onto one end of the hot grill, leaving room for the tomatoes on the grate.
- Put the prepared tomatoes on the grill, close the lid and cook dough until the bottom of the crust is golden brown and the tomatoes are softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush the raw side of the dough with 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil, then immediately flip using the peel.
- Top with the grilled tomatoes, smashing and spreading the tomatoes to create a sauce.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan, mozzarella and basil.
- Close the lid and cook until the bottom of crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pizza to a cooling rack or cutting board and let rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
- Slice & Enjoy!
Share this Recipe