|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||6 hours (marinade)|
- 1 1/2 tbsp whole coriander seeds coarsely ground in spice mill or mortar with pestle
- 1 3/4 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cut-up (best of fryer) chicken 3.5-4 pounds
- 1/3 cup orange juice or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup gold or silver Tequila
- 2 tbsp packed golden brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 red jalapeño chiles with seeds finely chopped
- 1 shallot minced
- nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Mix coriander, salt, and red pepper. Sprinkle mixture all over chicken.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, on baking sheet; cover and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Combine juice, tequila, brown sugar, honey, 1 jalapeño, and shallot in small saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Add 1 more jalapeño if more heat is desired.
- Cool glaze.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons glaze to small bowl and set aside for serving.
- Spray grill with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, on grill. Grill 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush chicken with glaze in saucepan. Turn chicken over; brush with glaze.
- Grill until juices run clear when pierced with fork or until instant-read thermometer inserted into chicken registers 170°F, turning and brushing occasionally with glaze, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer to platter. Spoon reserved glaze over.
Find this recipe and more like it at epicurious.com.
Brought to you by
Share this Recipe